Today, Sarah Palin said the Paul Revere rode to warn the British that Americans had guns and that he just wanted to let them know that they weren’t going to be able to take them away. Also she talked about how he was ringing bells for some reason. I know this sounds stupid, but that’s only because you understand American history the way the lamestream media has explained it to you.
Here are some other stories from the founding of our great nation that can help you get a better understanding of what Sarah is talking about…
• Christopher Columbus sailed across the Atlantic Ocean from Europe to discover America. Along the way he realized that the energy sources were best right in the middle of the ocean and only got worse as he got closer to the shore. Drill, Baby, Drill!
• The 1765 Stamp Act was an unnecessary tax on the American colonists and spurred the American Revolution. It showed that Americans were upset with rising stamp prices and the best way to deal with parcels was to privatize the postal service like Ben Franklin wanted to from the very beginning.
• The Declaration of Independence is the most important document in our nation’s history, establishing us as a separate entity from the British. It says that “All men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights but they don’t get any special rights just because they’re minorities.”
• As a child, George Washington cut down his the family cherry tree. When his father asked if he did it, he said “I cannot tell a lie.” What is less famous is that Washington’s brother, Jerry, was also asked if he had cut down the cherry tree. While he had not done so, he knew that his brother had done the deed and his father spanked him until he gave up the intel that lead to George.
• Abe Lincoln grew up in a single room log cabin, despite liberal’s attempts to make logging illegal and over regulate housing safety laws to consider log cabins as a fire safety hazard.
• The Great Depression was the worst economy our nation has ever faced and was caused by liberals like FDR trying driving up the deficit and most economists agree that we it would not have happened had we just lowered taxes.
• To end Jim Crow laws, whites and blacks went on “Freedom Rides” through the South to help spread the message of the Constitution and showed the bus companies the power of the free market by allowing everyone to ride no matter the color of their skin.